Friday, January 10, 2014

I'm not sure what I'm happier about

Last night, I began one of my New Year's goals - I added a fourth run to my week.  Not that I ran far, I am trying to gradually (mostly) increase my mileage as is recommended, so adding another run is going to be a bit of a balancing act.

I ran a simple mile and then walked the rest of my workout.  I don't often run just a mile.  Maybe I should more often, because there is so much made of your mile pace in training.  Sure, I can use my last 5K race time, but you can also find information about training around your pace for a single mile.  Until last night, I didn't actually know what that was.

Now I know I can currently run a mile in fifteen minutes.

Not all that impressive when you look at other mile times, but for me, it represents some huge gains in the past few months - when running fifteen minutes straight seemed like the hardest thing I'd ever do at any pace.

The other thing that I'm pretty darned excited about is the scale this morning.  My husband and I set some goals for after Christmas and today was one of the first short term measuring points.

I've lost five pounds since Christmas Day.  Which means I now have to actually figure out what my reward for attaining that goal is.

So, I'm up to running four days a week (assuming I get my run in on Saturday which I will).  I'm running faster.  And that work is paying off on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment