Monday, December 23, 2013

The Benefit of Consistency

In December, I've done one thing - one simple thing.  I've run consistently.  Three times a week, I've hit the treadmill and run.  I've done intervals.  I've done long (for me), steady runs.  I've had to break up runs with walking when I just couldn't push through.  And at the end of the month, I finally see progress.

It's not much, maybe a 10% gain in speed over where I started.  Ten percent doesn't sound all that exciting, does it?

It's over a minute/mile increase in a month.

In addition to that - it's injury free.  Injury-free is something I haven't been in awhile when it comes to running.  And to be honest, it's still a bit of a novelty that my feet aren't killing me when I'm done a run.  Or the morning after a run.

It seems that consistency is really the best thing for me right now.  I know, it should go without saying, right?  The more you run, the better you'll run.

And the easier it is to WANT to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment